PARKINSONS DISEASES TREATMENT
We make sure that sufficient care is provided to the children so that they are able to lead a normal life.
What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Shaking or tremors beginning in one limb or the hands or fingers. Even when the hand is at rest tremors can occur.Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system of the human beings that affect the movement of the affected individuals. The signs and symptoms of the disease begin with a little tremor in one hand and slowly it catches pace finally causing stiffness and eventually slowing down of movement. Most importantly, in the early stages of the disease, it might not show up any signs or symptoms but worsens once the condition progresses over time with difficulty movement and speech.
Top Symptoms for Identification
The signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease may vary from person to person with the early symptoms usually going unnoticed. The symptoms generally start off one side of the body which tends to remain worst on that side even after both sides are affected. The symptoms and signs that indicate the occurrence of Parkinson’s disease are as follows.
- Slowing down the overall movement of the body making the simplest of task like getting up from a chair, walking etc.. very difficult.
- The muscles become very stiff and rigid which is associated with pain thereby limiting the range of motion.
- The affected individual’s posture might be stooped which might as well result in balancing problems for the patients.
- Automatic movements are at a great loss and retard the ability to perform smiling, blinking or swinging your arms while walking and other unconscious movements.
- Changes in the speech might show up which might include difficulty is speech, speaking softly, slurring etc.
- It might be very difficult to write or significant changes in the way you write may arise.
Causes of Parkinson’s Disease
It is very important to know the causes of this progressive disorder which might play a significant role in the procedure of treatment. In this disorder, the nerve cells or the neurons in the brain disintegrates gradually losing out its structure and function. Some of the important causes of Parkinson’s disease are listed below.
- The primary cause of the disease is due to depletion of levels of dopamine in the brain. The dopamine-generating cells which are specifically known as dopaminergic neurons present substantia nigra part of the brain happen to die out resulting in low levels of dopamine in the brain.
- Certain types of medications like antipsychotic medications can result in causing Parkinson’s disease which is referred to as drug-induced Parkinsonism.
- There are a number of other progressive conditions of the brain such as multiple systems atrophy, corticobasal degeneration, normal pressure hydrocephalus, progressive supranuclear palsy etc. which play a vital role in causing Parkinson’s disease.
- Vascular parkinsonism which is also known as arteriosclerotic parkinsonism is caused by restriction of blood supply to the brain. This is more common in the older people who have some other health issues such as diabetes.
- Another important cause of Parkinson’s disease is the cerebrovascular disease in which basically a series of small strokes occur one after the another that causes a number of parts of the brain to die out.
- Genes also play a vital factor in the causing of the Parkinson’s disease. Certain genetic variations and mutations readily enhance the chances of causing the disease.
- Apart from the genes, certain environmental factors or exposure to toxins like Agent Orange, insecticides, pesticides, lead, manganese, trichloroethylene might add up to the causes of the disease.
Treatment We Have on Offer
At Dr.Vanchilingam hospital, we very well understand that there is no specific cure of the Parkinson’s disease but we offer all the treatments that help the patients to deal with the signs and symptoms of the disease. Our team of expert doctors are efficient enough to take care of the affected patients at its best. We prescribe certain medications based on the condition of the patients so that they are able to cope up with the situation. In certain severe cases, our doctors might suggest surgery which might help the patients significantly. We also help the patients with physical therapy, exercising which might be helpful in improving the conditions of the patients at a good pace.