WOMEN'S NEUROLOGY SERVICES
Epilepsy & Pregnancy Care
We analyse how those needs intersect pregnancies and what needs to be done to take a good care of both the mother & the baby.
Women’s neurology services are referred to as the specialised services for the women with neurological conditions or illness wanting to get pregnant or are already pregnant. The focus of the women’s neurology department of our hospital is to understand the unique healthcare needs of the women who are affected by some of the neurological illness. We analyse how those needs intersect pregnancies and what needs to be done to take a good care of both the mother & the baby.
Services that we have on offer
Our expert team of neurologists provides the utmost care for the women with neurological disorders who are already pregnant or are planning to become pregnant. The conditions that we help to manage are as follows.
- Epileptic women
- Multiple sclerosis
- Wilson’s disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
We have also extended our support to the needy women with the neurological illness who need special care and attention during the time of childbirth. In this situation, the conditions that we help to manage are as follows.
- Tumours in brain
- Chiari malformations
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Intracranial pressure increase
Our expert team of doctors make sure that the women get all sorts of necessary help for a healthy pregnancy and safe childbirth so that both the mother as well as the baby is perfectly safe.
Our speciality is efficiently and effectively dealing with high-risk pregnancies in epileptic women. We provide all sorts of care to the epileptic women so that their pregnancy is healthy and normal. Our specialised team of neurologists, paediatricians, obstetricians and other medical staffs are available round the clock to make sure that no complications arise keeping both the baby and the mother absolutely safe.
Risks that we take care of
- There might be an increase in the frequency of the seizure most often during the first or the third trimester which is effectively taken care of by our team.
- We take care of almost all the factors that are suggested as possible triggers of the seizures which include changes in the hormone, stress, water and sodium retention and the decreasing blood levels of anti-epileptic medications.
- We clearly understand that epilepsy during pregnancy and childbirth can result in injury problems for both the baby and the mother, we try our level best to keep the seizures under control. The seizures at this point of time cause the increased risk of premature labour, lowering the heart rate of the foetus and miscarriages. But you need not worry since our hospital is equipped with the best team and the best infrastructure to take good care of everything.
We also have an obstetrician who particularly specialises in high-risk labour that might occur in the epileptic mothers to make sure that both the mother as well as the baby is safe. Our hospital has a full-fledged birthing suite with all the necessary infrastructure to ensure that all problems can be effectively handled at its best by our expert team of doctors.